Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Hoot

Studs, necklace and ring from Charlotte Russe (a wonderful source of owl accessories) and the dangly earrings are from Bass outlet.
(I know the first picture was unnecessary, but I wanted to show you how awesome the color edit made my nails look!!! If there was a shade of polish that electric, I must admit it would make my life that much more complete.)
I'm starting with a post about something simple because I'm not sure I've completly gotten the hang of blogging and what not. So until I do, you're going to be stuck with posts about jewlery, which leads me into my rant about winged creatures:
I'm currently in love with (no, not a boy) owls. Yes, the birds. I'm sorry. It sounds utterly pathetic, but you can call me Owl Lady. (I suppose it's a slight upgrade from Cat Lady.) I think owl jewlery is just so cute. Scratch that, I think anything owl is cute. My friend got me the Kate Spade planner for Christmas and it has a cute sketch of an owl on it. Can you say score?
Okay, my bird rant is over.
In other things, I just finished reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. It was amazing. I saw the movie a while back, and I had planned on reading the book as well, hoping that it would be as amazing as the movie. Safe to say it totally was. I was undeniably hooked - I couldn't put it down. I had it finished in the span of about 5 days and 4 reading sessions. And that's considering the fact that I have barely any time to ever read because of my overly rediculous amount of homework and studying. But I finished the 400 page book rather quickly and i was pretty happy with myself. My English teachers would be proud.
If you're reading this, I appriciate it so much! Hopefully my posts will become more interesting as I get more used to navigating this blog stuff! And I'm trying to get some pictures together to do some outfit posts as well!
XO,
Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. I love owls too! Wish I could have a pet owl. Love your nail polish.

    http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice neckless!
    I follow you!

    You follow me????

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at and comment my blog! It means a lot!
XO, Kathryn